Monday, March 30, 2009

LANDSCAPE PHARMACOLOGY: TREES

A Scottish study concluded, living in eyesight of a landscape extends life. Not gardening. Seeing. How much better seeing a beautiful landscape? Landscape pharmacology? If musical pharmacology exists, so does landscape pharmacology.
When beautifully landscaped gardens surpass their owner, what survives? Trees.

Creating a landscape? Begin with what it will end with. Trees.
.
How the French do trees: a large variegated leaf tree, a weeping tree, a large cone shaped evergreen tree, a burgundy foliaged tree. At the minimum.
.
In my garden today, above, cherry tree (pink) & Chinese snowball.
.
For a couple of weeks I'll be living, in a subdivision, amongst beauty dating past centuries of Chinese scrolls. And the beauty is alive. Not a scroll painting.
.
Without modesty, I'm hearing in my head, Peter O'Toole as Lawrence of Arabia, I DID IT.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame you do not have a hundred or two hundred comments agreeing with you or disagreeing with you as that would be some indication of how people perceive your philosophy about 'pharmacology' in landscape design. I am always amazed that one finds the answers in grasses and another in roses. To me the thing that makes a landscape memorable is a trip through the Smokey Mountains and the landscapes seen from afar with a bit of haze between my eyes and those distant trees.

Bren Haas said...

Wonderful photography you share with us. Thank you and Happy Spring!
Stop by my garden to see what I have shared this Bloom Tuesday!