Monday, October 28, 2019

Landscape: Fixed vs Growth Mindsets

Deepest winter is the test of Garden Design.  A garden looking good in winter, below, will look good all year.
.
Two gardens, below.  One green all year, the other flowers for a few weeks.
.
Which garden attracts and benefits the most pollinators?

Making plans for your gardens this year? Would that include hiring a professional? Many of you ask me about our process in designing...
Pic, above, here.
.
Which garden is a Fixed Mindset Garden, and which is a Growth Mindset Garden ?

Dry Gardens in England (14 of 21) | Beth Chatto Gardens - Dry Garden, Essex, England | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Pic, above, here.
.
Which garden is the easiest to maintain?
.
Virtue Signaling with gardens, pollinator habitat, eco, sustainable, regenerative, all a bit much.  Meanings vary by region, era, and person.
.
What a garden does, for Earth, is its test.
.
Growth Mindset, 'What type of garden most benefits Earth, and makes me happy?'
.
Fixed Mindset, 'I like this garden, looks easy, affordable, and eco.'
.
"Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside awakes."  Carl Jung
.
Which garden, above, looks outside, which looks inside?
.
These questions matter in the micro, we said goodbye to macro decades ago.  Bees are dying and we're peeing anti-depressants into waterways, How Depression Medication is Polluting the Ocean and Altering The Behaviors of Sea CreaturesAntidepressants in Stream Waters!  Are They in the Fish Too? 
.
Solutions quite simple, happy, and loving.  Didactic apoplexy isn't intended, and not meant.  Time was given me, with loving teachers, from Fixed Mindset to Growth Mindset, as it should be for you too.
.
Excepting I began in my 20's.  What if you're beginning in your 50's, and above, wanting to go from Fixed Mindset to Growth Mindset, about your best Garden Design?  You're good, they're the only gardens here.  Years of agrarian gardens.  Only recently did I realize my gardens are Agrarian, and most other gardens are Industrialized.  Agrarian vs. Industrialized.  Interesting, I've been slipping Agrarian Gardens into Deed Restricted/HOA Industrialized neighborhoods for decades.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XOT
.
No, I didn't answer those questions, above.  They are for you to answer.  Answers in next post.

2 comments:

Penelope Bianchi said...

I don't know but I love them both!!

Mine looks like the bottom one! I will send you pictures! I think I need to post a blog about the rebirth of our garden.

Penelope Bianchi said...

Yes. The flowering one is the one with the most hummingbirds and butterflies and bees! Mine!

The formal one is the most low maintenance. I love them both. I love mine most of all!