Monday, May 22, 2017

Garden Design: Double Axis

"The Complete Book of Garden Magic", by Roy Biles is quite dear to my heart.  Discovered before internet cell phones it was a book I would hunt/gather from used book stores wherever I traveled.  Gifting them to the 'right' new owners.  Take the link, above, it can be at your front door in a few days.  Font, line drawings, earnestness, pacing, a man's soul, love it all.
.
No other word for it Roy, Magic.
.
Double axis, below, in 2 pics.
.
Walking along the path, below.

By pastures green - Ben Pentreath Inspiration:

Walking along the same path, below, in the opposite direction.

By pastures green - Ben Pentreath Inspiration:

Same path, 2 different gardens, double axis.  Magic.
.
How else to explain walking a path, yet it becomes a new path, merely walking it in the opposite direction?
.
Came upon this double axis path, above, last week.  Think it thrilled me?
.
How many of you notice these things?  More, how many of you does it excite?
.
Garden & Be Well,   XOT
.
Pics, above, from Ben Pentreath's blog.
.
Double Axis, another of my garden design 'inventions'.  Name it to claim it.  Once I had the garden path epiphany, it had to have a name.  Have not heard/read about this particular Garden Design technique in a class, symposium, book.  Why?
.
A lot going on in the Garden Design, above.  My life doesn't lend itself to so much 'tending' nor do I want so much down time as the garden, above.  Deer are also an issue in my garden.  Would definitely keep the gravel and hedging, perennials would be swapped for flowering shrubs.  Done.  Maybe 2-5 easy perennials kept.

1 comment:

cindy hattersley design said...

Design books become dated, garden books never do, do they? I was just thinking about that the other day...