Friday, April 14, 2017

Decadence at Garden Entry

The first time I arrived to Penny's drive, below, my car stopped as the hydrangeas lay heavy either side my hood.  Had to stop.  To take in what was happening.  More than greeting my arrival, I was being caressed.
.
Garden Design's decadent greeting.
.
Creating entryways in a garden, perhaps the most overlooked necessity.  Early into serious Garden Design study it was obvious, the more entry ways a garden has the better a garden is.
.
Penny took it to new layers.

The country garden hydrangea gate.    Renae Moore Designs: Gardening with Tara Dillard:
Pic, above, here.


 TARA DILLARD: Focal Points in the Landscape:

If you've read my missives for a length of time, you know exactly what to do next.  Copy.
.
Entry into my backyard, above, entry into my frontyard, below.  Hello.

TARA DILLARD: GARDEN DESIGNERS BLOGLINK: TARA'S TRINITY OF THE SOUTHERN GARDEN:

Garden & Be Well,    XO T
.
Pics of my garden, above, taken in my previous 30 year cottage garden.  Penny founded the American Hydrangea Society, and the Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival in Douglasville, GA is a huge annual success.

3 comments:

Dewena said...

If all that beauty is decadence, then I'll take decadence, please!

Penelope Bianchi said...

OHHHHHHHH!!!!
A dream of an entry.....both of them.....

Miracles of plant beauty and the reality of plants creating a world of their own. You proved it....and accomplished it!

Brava!!

Penelope

David C. said...

Someone on Instagram living in Brazil showed how they plant a rhythm of hydrangeas along roadside fencelines...stunning. But using those for entries really makes sense.