Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Layers of Green are Best in Garden Design

Layers of green always work.

.
Flowers.  Give-me-flowers-or-give-me-ugly seems to be the starter gardener mindset.
.
Layers of green are pretty all year vs. a season.  Layers of green emit ion exchanges of serenity.
.
I can assure you choosing layers of green vs. flowers is, "The spreading wide of narrow Hands To gather Paradise—", "I dwell in Possibility..." by Emily Dickinson.
.
Odd how most of Garden Design is counterintuitive.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
How do I know these things?  Queen of the flower method of garden design 12-step program.  No, I will not enable you.  My goal is to help you get rid of those pink elephants in your landscape.
.
pic via Pinterest.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
.
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon.

5 comments:

La Contessa said...

GREENS………..they do delight!
PS.We are the same age!I saw a comment by you on another Blog!What month were you born?

Low Tide High Style said...

Though I love the year round beauty of green, I still need the flowers too. Not the hybridized versions found at nurseries but the kind that will sustain our dwindling bee populations and other pollinators. I'm considering turning our front yard into a meadow this spring...we'll see what our well manicured lawn loving neighbors think of that idea! ;-)

Kat

Squeak said...

Thirteen years ago, when I started my garden, people thought I was crazy for being more interested in the shape, colour and size of the leaves than the flowers on my plants. Now, when they see that my garden looks good virtually year round, they "get it".

Barbara Pilcher said...

Ha Ha Pink Elephants. And meatballs.

Lori Buff said...

The textures and shades add peace and interest.