Saturday, December 15, 2012

Checkerboard Square with Circle


Untrained, unschooled & perfect.


Viewed from deck & house the existing lower garden, above, leads to their wild wood.
.
They hired me to design their landscape.  Of course I left this alone!  Tweaks could be made but out goes THEIR charm.
.
And, they built this DIY !
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Alexander Pope......Men come to build sooner than to garden finely as if gardening were the greater art.  ca. 17th century
.
pic via client's Facebook page

6 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

An example of leaving the good alone, in the existing checkerboard and rock work being left; that dark rock is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Great to know when NOT to change anything.

Barbara Pilcher said...

What a lovely view. And I bet the sound of the fountain from the deck is delicious!

Whenever I see these checkerboard affairs, I always wonder about how much work they demand, keeping the grass trimmed around each square. So I am happy to see that even when someone doesn't get all anal about it, the effect is still charming.

cindy hattersley design said...

I am sure whatever you do Tara it will only enhance and refine the entire landscape!

debra @ 5th and state said...

breathtaking! what a great idea and view
cheers
debra

Orlando Commercial/Residential Landscaping said...

The checkerboard design makes it all happen for me great job.