Monday, August 20, 2012

Penny McHenry's Quotes To Live By

Penny McHenry, founder American Hydrangea Society, had 2 newspaper clippings on her bathroom mirror.



Below, is one.




The 2nd said, "It is more important to be kind than to be right."
.
She was in her 70's when they were taped to her mirror.
.
Active, Penny was forever getting into 'pickles'.  At least once a year she forgot these quotes, thoroughly. 
.
Her charm lay in immediate repentance & contrition.  I drove Penny a lot of places thru the years & it was always a thrill when she would begin, "Perhaps I shouldn't have told....."
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Pics via my bad.  Apologies for not saving the sources.   

4 comments:

cindy hattersley design said...

That is hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Ah.....I remember it well!!

Lydia said...

Amen!

Unknown said...

That was my sweet Mama! Miss her more every day!