Thursday, March 24, 2011

How To Use An Ugly Lamp

In my Conservatory yesterday, during an open garden, a delightful woman said,
"That is the best use of an ugly lamp." We all looked at the direction of her gaze/comment.
After the laughter subsided we agreed, yes the peacock blue lamp with original shade is ugly. But it's perfect.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Cobalt blue, peacock blue, don't know what to call it but I LOVE this color. And that is EXACTLY why this ugly lamp is perfect; personal passion. The lamp shade is more horrendous than the lamp. It, too, 'works'. Naturally, it came from my favorite thrift store years ago.
.
What's not to love about a woman who will say such things to someone she just met? Another facet I adore about gardeners; blunt talk.

5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

And leave it to gardeners to see the beauty in the ugly.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOL good one Tara! You have to like people like that...at least you know where you stand with them. No guessing! I love your conservatory and that lamp looks perfect in there in my opinion too. Hope your day is a good one.
Maura :)

Nita Stacy said...

The lamp is not ugly...yes perhaps a new shade is in order. But I love the color of the lamp.

Kathy said...

I beg to differ..that lamp is fabulous. I love it and the lacquered shade as well....I'll pay the postage when you decide to get rid of it...and send you pics of where I put it ;).....k

Anonymous said...

That lamp is a classic ginger jar. Stunning. Extra bonus points because you love the colour.
Bless her heart.. that lady has no taste.