Sunday, July 5, 2009

TOUGH ON BUNNIES

The bunny on the right, below, is a finial on the arbor. A squirrel jumped from the crape myrtle, onto his head, and he crashed to earth. Losing an ear & a foot. Bunny on the left, below, is a finial on the front gate post. A bird landed upon his head, sending him to earth and he lost an ear & foot.
And I proclaim, I don't like to collect things. This is a tough garden for bunnies.

Penny, my late mentor, had a porcelain bunny with a dried hydrangea blossom hat. Instead, I found a dog, above.
.
I can still hear Penny, You're no bunny till some bunny loves you.
.
Hence the bunnies in my garden. They're passing along Penny's voice, and laughter, in my garden.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

1 comment:

Terry said...

Our bunny is concrete and still has both ears. Our evil squirrels do a number on our birdhouses though.