Thursday, June 11, 2009

LANDSCAPE ECONOMY: ARBOR, GRILL, SINK

Landscape ideas with charm aren't always expensive. Copied from a 1920's garden book, the arbor. At least I've seen similar arbors in old garden books. Not part of the 'landscaped' garden this outdoor kitchen has loads of character for little cost.
Repeating the arbor, below. Repetition is as important as simplicity in a landscape.


Vines on a house, or espaliered shrubs, are easy. Adding lushness with little effort.
.
In a perfect world my slides from Italy would be digitized by now. I've got pics of a villa, which should be posted here, using the same idea above but the style is centuries old Italian. Great style transcends genre.
.
What's happening in my garden today? Pulling akebia vine from hydrangeas, camellias, azaleas, viburnum, & more. Ugh. Then a bath and off to design a backyard.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

4 comments:

Terry said...

Those "fan" brackets are fantastic. What kind of vine is that?

Tara Dillard said...

I took 112 pics of Susanne Hudson's garden in 1.5 hour. My excuse for not knowing, for sure, what the vine is.

From the picture it looks like a Lady Banks rose. I'll know for sure after I see her again later this month. Stay tuned!
XO Tara

Interlink Scaping said...

It hardly matters whether you want to landscape your yard yourself or if you want to have a professional Aurora Landscaping do the work for you.
For more information on these or other landscaping ideas consult a local landscaping company, a gardening shop or You can also find more info on www.interlinklandscaping.com. It is a comprehensive Aurora Landscaping Company which provides information about Landscaping.
Landscaping Services

Unknown said...

You have amazing taste and a real sense of originality for your garden! Question, how did you do all your landscaping? I live in Aurora and would love to do something like this in my yard!