Monday, June 22, 2009

COOKBOOKS & LANDSCAPE DESIGN

Did you know I peek to see my clients cookbooks? Why? How you approach cooking, and eating, tell me a lot about how you approach landscaping. And life. If Jacques Pepin, Julia Child, Nigella Lawson, Lee Baily, Mario Bitali, Ina Garten, Gourmet, Cook's Illustrated.....are on a shelf, or even better, on the counter, I know a lot about what you're wanting for your landscape.
.
Taste, texture, nuance, interest, pleasure, passion, piquant ideas, the lagniappe, aroma, redolence, moods of Italy-France-South America-Asia-England-India & more, templates based on history, prepared & spiced with now.
.
COLLEGE BOY does the cooking, I slipped in for 2 seconds, above, with my big hair circa 80's. My job; choose dishes, silverware & linen napkins. I'm good at choosing recipes but COLLEGE BOY turns them into art.
.
This seems fluffy but cookbooks really do help me plan landscapes.
.

Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

No comments: