Monday, February 23, 2009

PETERSHAM NURSERIES & VEGETABLE GARDENS

How landscapes intersect with a home fascinate me. Petersham Nurseries in England occasionally opens the private garden of Petersham House, below. Does your nursery understand the relationship of house & landscape? Petersham's vegetable garden. A seduction. Peter Rabbit feelings, I want to nibble this garden.

Simplicity. Narrow beds to work in easily. Brick path for foot and wheelbarrow. Soil I want to roll in, smell & feel on my skin.

Tree branches & twine ALWAYS trump
store bought stakes & cheap green plastic ties.

If people saw what I did with their trash they would offer to BUY it back.
. No branches? Field gather from neighbor's prunings.
.
This peak at Petersham House, landscape & vegetable garden make me want more. I want to see inside Petersham House.
.
Does your landscape do that? Ask yourself, Are people salivating to see inside my home because of my landscape?
.
photos from Petersham Nursery. Thank you Pigtown*Design for introducing me to them.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

1 comment:

Pigtown*Design said...

Thanks, Tara! This is just an amazing place. We had such a wonderful afternoon there, even though the weather was not gorgeous!