Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Connecting Garden Rooms: Concave/Convex Stone Steps.

About 3 weeks ago I began working with amazing acreage.  The clients from out-of-state, could have afforded new fancy.  But it wasn't for 'her'.  She went beyond the patience of her family & realtor.  Why?  She had to have her home in the proper setting.  After renovating kitchen & other spaces, she's ready for the garden.  Their acres are stunning.  My job is to frame the views, and they are 360 !
.


Lovely step detail:

Pic, above, here.
.
Their home faces one of their lakes from a perfect distance, and, with a more perfect slope.
.
At present there is no relationship between house & lake.  None.  How can this be?
.
Oh my the delight, connecting house to lake with stone steps, concave & convex.
.
Client's concave/convex stone steps won't be quite so formal, as above, more rustic, no mortar.
.
Of course grading needed, and our stone mason to perfectly 'set' each stone.  Have worked with Javier for years, I think of him as a garden 'jeweler' !
.
Alas, clients are building a carriage house, barn, paddock, pool, summer house, potager ahead of their concave/convex steps.  Excited about their other projects, but these steps make my heart sing.
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Open, wooded, lakes, slight slopes, mature, oh my this acreage.  Poor Javier, he knows how excited I get about focal points of stone and what Muse sees.  Then, Javier makes my thoughts better.  His Muse speaks too.  

5 comments:

Unknown said...

hi yara,
I se you have connected the living area stepping down into lakes open waterline... is the a slip in the adjoining area or an home coming into a wider backdrop of the lake your work is is shapely and cordial relationship to lake not pictured in step down in and to the residences water front pg
:..

La Contessa said...

YOUR HEART SING!
MINE IS IN OPERATIC MODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

La Petite Gallery said...

I was just pricing some of the cobble stones, They give such a pretty look.
You have the best posts. yvonne

Lydia said...

Takes my breath away.

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Mercy! That would make my heart sing as well...extremely beautiful, Tara, and more so when you're finished. I adore stone houses and look forward to, hopefully, seeing your finished work.