Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Office Renovation: Feeding the Muse

I wanted to add the ogee shapes, below, to my bay window, at my last home, for years.  Never happened.
.
Who knows, ever, whence, odd desires take hold.  Why did I think ogee desire left, just because of a move?
.
Seeing these ogee window panes, below, recently, now I want them at our historic ca. 1900 American farmhouse.  Amazingly, Muse knew they must be put into the windows of my office.  Once realized, it was obvious, Muse was awaiting me, to catch up.
.
At present my office overlooks several century old pecan trees, a century old row of boxwood, a pasture across the lane & soon, a small orchard & potager.
.

TheFullerView:

Pic, above, here.

Spent several hours in my office yesterday, moving furniture, some in/some out, exchanging lamps, bringing in art that had been stored for a year.  I had waited too long, my soul was deprived, tired, without the nurturing of a proper office.  Muse let me know, buck up girlfriend, get a move on, 'you don't treat me right, I can't treat you right'.
.
Image result for e m forster books and music
.
“She could not explain in so many words, but she felt that those who prepare for all the emergencies of life beforehand may equip themselves at the expense of joy.” 
― E.M. ForsterHoward's End
.
“Away she hurried, not beautiful, not supremely brilliant, but filled with something that took the place of both qualities—something best described as a profound vivacity, a continual and sincere response to all that she encountered in her path through life.” 












Moving out a much loved antique Pembroke table, I checked the drawers, and found a few penciled notes I had written years ago on a small ripped piece of paper.   From Gary Zukav.............

"Our Soul is on an Earth mission.  Now, is our holy life.
.
4 Needs for our Soul:
Harmony
Cooperation - common goals
Sharing
Reverence for life"
.
Didn't expect this curve ball, leaving my home/garden, starting another.  Next layer, my garden.  Feeding the muse.
.
What feeds your Muse?  How do you feel when your Muse goes silent?  Muse, Soul, Providence....
What do you call your Muse?  When did you realize you had a Muse?
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO T

2 comments:

La Contessa said...

THAT DOOR is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!
MY MUSE.........must think about THAT!SHE has been LOCKED Up NOW for awhile.........time to BREAK FREE!
XX

Thistle Cove Farm said...

My Muse is fed each morning when I have devotions while sitting in my sun room, looking out over the valley. Not meaning to sound trite, God is my Muse and daily, He gives guidance, wisdom, direction...when I listen - smile.
Like an idiot, I've planted a large garden and am now a slave to the hoe. If the place sells, someone else will reap the literal fruit of my labors. Yet, how can I not live in hope of either selling or eating the work of my hands?
I do need for my offices to be located in one spot; would make my life ever so much easier. As would the boys finishing with my desktop and returning to proper place in my home.