Thursday, October 3, 2013

How To Follow Through with a Theme

Fine tuning the smalls, below.


Dried flowers from the garden & Jacob sheep grazing outside.
.
From property line to the center of your home the theme should be who-you-are.
.
Do I know who you are from first approach at the property line?
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken last month at jobsite.  Sublime to see her reach this layer of interior design, the tiniest touches amplifying who she is.
.
Hardest advice ever received?  "Be-who-you-are."

6 comments:

La Contessa said...

YES,indeed.The little ranch house is not what one would think of when they are thinking of me but the garden reflects very much of who i am!

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

Hardest advice, be who you are is because most of us don't know who we are.

We are told over and over again what we should like, what is in style, what goes together and what doesn't that we end up not even knowing who we are.

What a shame.

Merlin said...

I just gave my dried hydrangeas a "swish" of rose gold metallic spray paint. Should be a nice "glow" for dinner table tonight. franki

Patricia said...

Wow, do I LOVE your blog!

Yes, you definitely CAN tell who I am when you first approach my property line! My house is the only one without a lawn. It is xeriscaped with drought tolerant and mostly native South Florida plants. I don't "hatrack" trees when pruning them, I have birdfeeders and bird baths and as a result, my garden is always full of butterflies and birds.

Thank you for your beautiful and inspiring blog.

Barbara Pilcher said...

I have to work on this. Maybe I don't like people knowing too much about me.

Anonymous said...

"Do I know who you are from first approach at the property line?"

The title for a post, better than "good, bad, ugly..."! Probably something to look out for before even meeting with someone. After all, even an inherited landscape, no matter the new owners' complaints, might tell something. Met very few in hundreds over 21+ years who want to do right / redo.