Friday, April 15, 2011

Beatrix Potter: In The Real World

In the real world Beatrix Potter took her pet rabbit with her many places.She was also Mrs. William Heelis of the English Lake Country. Buying several properties and living a life of agriculture & livestock.
.
Have you already laughed at the picture?
.
No?
.
Look closely, see the chicken wire?
.
I'm sure the pun was NOT intended. But it's too rich to ignore. Beatrix Potter in a garden trying to keep the rabbits away.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Found the pic online. Beatrix Potter is a huge reason, via buying all of her farms, the English Lake District is 'mostly' intact. Ironic, that fact alone would be enough to make her famous. Instead her Peter Rabbit books dwarf her Lake District accomplishments.

5 comments:

Cher' Shots said...

I 'love' Beatrix Potter! Love the pun! Last year for Christmas we bought all of our grandchildren a set of her movies. They adore her too! Have you seen the movie "Miss Potter" starring Renee Zellweger? It's fantastic ~ a must see!
'hugs from afar'

Unknown said...

Can I say "Cute as a bunnie?"....smiles

Content in a Cottage said...

Tara...I'm so glad you like Beatrix Potter too. She's one of my favorite people to blog about. 'Miss Potter' is one of my favorite movies too. I've never been to The Lake District but it's on my list of places to visit.
xo, Rosemary

Leanne said...

what good spotting - made me chuckle~

Love Leanne

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Tara I love Beatrix Potter and I loved the movie Miss Potter. I think I bought it just to see the backgrounds! Yes I saw the chicken wire LOL...that's cute. I bet she was a fun woman and it would have been wonderful to have had her as a friend and neighbor. She was a woman ahead of her time wasn't she. Thanks for posting this..I really enjoyed it.
Maura :)