Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Killing Me Softly With His Words

I do it to other people almost daily, "Your, (insert plant name), must go." What goes is as important as what stays.Yesterday, in my garden, several big projects. My guy suddenly standing in front of me, in my space, mirroring my body language. Not good.
.
"Your cedar really needs to go." "Let me take those boxwoods to the compost."
.
Boxwoods still here, cedar met the chainsaw.
.
This is so hard.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Hard AND personal.
.
Pic from the new Laura Ashley catalogue. Gotta love a company selling curtains using an enfilade to the garden.

6 comments:

JForrence said...

Tara, love your blog--such wonderful photos and ideas! I agree that sometimes the best changes in a garden are removing something that isn't adding to the composition. Hard to do, but often the results are stunning!

Bruce Barone said...

When I lived on Birch Lane, a large tree fell during a storm. We had to call the tree man. As he stood in our yard and stared at the tree I could feel the sadness in his soul that a tree had died and he had to cut it and take it away. I inquired about other trees in the yard and he insisted that they must stay standing and live.

Desert Dweller said...

What to leave in, what to leave out...and esp. take out! Amen Ms. Barbuda.

Paul Gervais de Bédée said...

But this is what makes gardening a completely distinctive art; we gardeners don't rule like kings, there's mother nature in the mix.

Anonymous said...

OH I feel your pain! Knowing you, you needed THAT form THERE!! Oh well, another oportunity to 'caretake' new life in the garden.
Daffs.. very soon, will keep you posted.
I want those windows!
Hugs

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

I hear you Tara. So far I don't have the problem of removing things (unless I want to remove 60 year old Elm trees!)...my problem is I need to start my gardens from scratch! Hardscape first...then the fun stuff. I will be standing back and looking out my windows and doors constantly once I start though...you're a good teacher! Enjoy your day and don't forget to enjoy your conservatory.
Maura :)