Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Chandelier: Before & After

From Lowe's, below, chandelier in my new Conservatory.SHIPMAN called from Buenos Aires last month, "Found you the perfect chandelier, want it?"
SHIPMAN dismantled the chandelier & packed it in a fruit crate for its trip home.
SHIPMAN brought a bottle of wine & 2 crystal glasses for the hanging & gossip fest.
SHIPMAN & I decided it must have summer shades & winter shades.
I'm on the prowl for those shades.
.
SHIPMAN & I decided the chandelier is only about 80 years old, we pouted a moment about its youth but decided its great backstory, into my Conservatory, adds patina. At least to us.
.
Life is good.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Voicemail from SHIPMAN this morning, "You must come for lunch in my conservatory this week." Yes, life is good. Now, how to get the time...........

9 comments:

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Hi Tara, I did a quick post on Susanne's garden and wanted to let you know about it. I hope you'll stop by. Have a great day, Theresa

Divine Theatre said...

Ooooooooooh!

Desert Dweller said...

Good choice, Shipman. I like this rustic ornateness you have created!

cotedetexas said...

I am so jealous of your conservatory! it keeps on getting cuter and cuter!!!!!!!

Jeanne Henriques said...

A chandelier in a conservatory, I love it Tara!!
I thought of you today when I was flipping thru photos of a garden in New Zealand...I hope to post it in the next few days. I will let you know when I do. Some very original garden creations...very clever :)

Jeanne xx

Luke Hoy said...

Looks gorgeous and I'm sure your enjoying your time out in the conservatory! A wonderful thing to have! :D

Jenny said...

Oh its gorgeous, lucky you! ;-)

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh YES Tara...this is so much nicer than the other one...much more fitting for it's surroundings! And I like that it has a bit of 'history' to it also...just what your conservatory needs since all the peices have a history of their own. Perfect!
Maura :)

Queenplinker said...

Great find, it's beautiful!
Surprising, how it looks so different from the day and evening photos. Both perfect.
Stay warm, Lynea