Monday, June 15, 2009

FRENCH DRAINS & BEAUTIFUL WOMEN

Do you see the fabulous French drain cover in the pic, below?
.
Hint: It's at the top right.
.
At a wedding Saturday evening, the reception was at the Historic Gwinnett Courthouse. I've taught many gardening classes here and it seems I was working the reception. Scouting French drain covers for you. Proof, below, this lovely French drain cover is iron, it's rusting thru its new coat of paint.
At Scott Antique yesterday another French drain cover. They come in all sizes, heat vent covers from old buildings. Use one to cover the hideous plastic cover of your French drain.

Cote De Texas asked me what it meant, Covering my French drain with what? Her back garden is lovely, but marred, at the moment, by a cheap plastic French drain cover. Here it is Joni. Off to shop, find your French drain cover.

AND THE LOVELIEST WOMEN AT THE WEDDING.....

Can you believe how beautiful these women are? They sat across from me at the wedding reception. They've been friends longer than I've been alive. God meant to bring incredible women into my life, and it was done thru marrying COLLEGE BOY. His grandmother, mother, aunts and the women above. Decades ago they attended my first bridal shower.
.
The life of each woman is a book. One a grandmother, the other never married. One owned a professional photography shop, the other a nurse. One speaks fluent French and has had many beloved dogs. The other has had her home burn to a crisp, killing her cats, before Christmas. More, of course, but then it would be starting a book.
.
The important thing is their laughter, quickly shared, and their eyes. Giving, full of life, empathy, sparkle and youth.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

4 comments:

The Charm House said...

Tara,
Your post is so sweet about our beautiful dream friends and family. Our family is truly ground deep in History.... Another book perhaps??? I put you a post up... but, I was considering a couple of options for you! I will let you know a little later!
Hugs and have a wonderful day in the sunshine!
Yvette

cotedetexas said...

Find me some!!!!!!!! i love these - I really DO need them. you are so right!!!

Tara Dillard said...

Of course you keep the plastic French drain cover under these beauties.

To minimize it further spray paint the plastic black.
xo t

Anonymous said...

This month (I mean the last 30 days) there have been 20 women (I tend to exaggerate.......but I have been really careful not to!) who have said to me........"where is your book???"
They are mostly from Texas! That is where I gave my first "speaking engagement"; and they are upset and disappointed with me.

So; I decided I will start writing it!

My "assistant" is leaving; Adam has put an advertisement for a new one.....on Craigslist......

This might be just the time!

Penelope