Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Designing the Impromptu

Multiple layers of form & function, below.
.
Aside from  pure magic, painting the walls with vines, going a step further, adorning the ceiling in vines too.
.
There's even a touch of Camelot, the round table.

Axel Vervoordt-garden room-Another garden room at Axel Vervoordt's s'Gravenswesel compound in Belgium. From Vogue Living. Photography by Michael Paul:

Pic, above, here.
.
It's rare when designed impromptu, upon completion, looks/feels impromptu.
.
Many layers in the room, above, enough to be considered a Garden Design class.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO T
.
Had the good fortune to work for an interior decorator, Mary Kistner, a master of impromptu, who later became friend/mentor.  She passed several years ago, aside from missing her & actively using so much learned from her, I still tell stories about her.  Then, I come across Penelope Bianchi on the internet.  Penelope's work, the work of my beloved Mary.  Of course I felt obligated to tell Penelope about Mary too, aka, fan letter.  Who knew I would discover Penelope to be twin sister to my Mary.  A joy to follow Penelope's work, blog, and have her friendship.  Two close friends locally are aware of something quite personal happening in my life recently, yet, from my blog, without mention of personal issues, and thousands of miles distance, Penelope intuited the situation correctly.  And, sent a couple of quite detailed notes to me.  Perhaps that's why I adore creating gardens & rooms, like, above, because there is an alchemy in sharing  'life' situations with friends, kindred spirits, in the rooms, above, churning situations into calm, removing stress, clarifying solutions, and adding the binding glue of laughter.        

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I could happily live in that one room for the rest of my life. Heaven!

Dewena said...

Tara, I pray that the days ahead bring only blessings to you.

Your essays and the pictures you include always bring beauty to my life.

Penelope Bianchi said...

Thank you for the ultimate compliment.....really.

A friend sent this to me before I could even see it! And she loved it.

I love you!

www.ravenscourtgardens. com said...

A lovely room! It is lovely that you connected with the twin sister of your dear friend and mentor. Sending you positive thoughts as your journey takes you through the ups and downs of life!

SALLY said...


Tara, this is a beautiful room and certainly has the look of Penelope Bianchi. I always look forward to your posts and have redesigned my own garden using a more simple esthetic as a result.

Penelope Bianchi said...

What a compliment! I adore that room! Thank you!