Friday, May 6, 2016

A Country Life

Studying historic gardens across Europe, this was a constant presence, below.  Especially in Scotland, Ireland, England.
.
Perhaps the most aching view.  A walk in the country.  How lucky those people are, I'd think, with a bit of the flared nostril, and the pity party voice, "I'll never have that."  Move on, buck up, life is good, you're designing gardens girlie.  It's enough.
.
On mission to learn about garden design, these views, below, were something extra life threw in, a porthole.  Other people's lives.  Our bus loaded with 25 like minded souls, studying gardens, many hundreds of kilometers across farm land we rode, excited to get to the next village, always staying in tiny historic hotels.  Our group filling every room, 2/room.
.
Without a plan, without awareness, without a mission, my garden design path, led me here, into the picture, below.  Who knew?  I moved into my beliefs.  Literally.  I now live in the country in a historic farmhouse.
.
Recently, walking between 2 fenced pastures, I knew the cattle had been taken to the abattoir and I was intent on the farm scenery, large pastures leading to native woodlands.  Miss-enjoying-herself, Miss-does-her-best-thinking-while-sweating, walked herself 10' from a 1 ton bull.  Have you ever been that close to a fully functional 1 ton bull who's alone and waiting for his new ladies? Me either.  How insignificant the wire pasture fencing became.  My DNA scanned for anything to run behind, if the need arose, nothing, no trees, trough, nothing.  Me, and the bull.  Kept my walking pace steady, no direct eye contact, thankful I had not worn the red t-shirt, knew it would be OK once I hit a stand of trees.  Realizing, both ways home, were either side of 'his' pasture.  What a lot of energy, bucking up for the walk home.  I did it.

P1000252

Pic, above, here.

Life quote:

Curiano Quotes Life - Quote, Love Quotes, Life Quotes, Live Life Quote, and Letting Go Quotes.:

Rumi:

Quotes of Alexandra Stoddard About memories, mind, positive, neighbors, live, time, life, right, today, day, living, responsibility, inspirational, direction, potential, tea, force:

It all falls into place, naturally:

Don't really know how I got here.  All I wanted to do was learn everything about historic garden design, and design gardens.
.
I didn't force this move, it was meant to be.  I was the last to know.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO T
.
Pics from my Pinterest Quotes Board.

4 comments:

cotedetexas said...

Great story. Is the "red" really true? Do bulls really hate red that much!!???

Dewena said...

I'm so glad it was meant to be, Tara, even though I felt for you leaving your gardens behind. I have comforted myself many nights during our own move with visiting post after post of yours, your words and the pictures giving me some heartsease.

La Petite Gallery said...

Just dropped in to wish you a Happy Sunday. Renee and I are going to the Opera house for a swing big band's of 1940's The Kentucky Derby was exciting. WET AS HELL here in Maine, can't wait to garden. Sending a happy face but it won't
come up. XXXX and a hug

La Contessa said...

OF COURSE YOU WERE THE LAST TO KNOW!
IT WAS MEANT TO BE!!!
XX