Friday, October 17, 2014

What Your Home Should Say, from the Curb

Your garden must tell me who you are from the curb.


'Overdose on your theme', is the best way to get there.
.
Garden & Be Well,  XO Tara
.
Pic, 5th and State, take the link, Debra's done an excellent treatise on matching pots to houses.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.
.
NOTE to my gardening friends... look for changes to come. 
Knew before computers/cell phones, sitting in Atlanta traffic on way to a client, 'I must reach a larger audience with the same amount of effort.'   Soon after that epiphany I signed my CBS-TV, and, books contracts on the same day.
.
Then I read an article in the NYTimes about something called 'blogging'.  Saved the article for a year before reading it.  Studied all the blogs they mentioned, hired a computer expert they quoted, and attended a blogging seminar.
.
Blogging 2.0 has arrived, my knowledge is 1.0.  A believer in copying the best historic gardens across the globe it flows into every arena of life.  Watching Maria Killam grow her career/blog/life over the past 3 years made its impact.  Signed up  for a year's course with her blogging expert, Jon Morrow
.
Changes will be slow, plodding is my adored method.  Pulling triggers here/there is spice in the mix.
.
What do YOU want?
.
Nothing is too small, too big, or too ego crushing to mention.
.
Passion lies in sharing what has filled me to the depths of grace, joy & atonement, the best landscapes created over the last 2,000+ years.

Just so you know... 

 I  welcome your input.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

I would love to see landscape ideas/gardens in the southwest. I live in the high desert of new mexico and would love to see creative ideas for a high and dry climate. thanks!

LPC said...

Those of us from restrained cultures struggle with this, a bit;).

Barbara Pilcher said...

I adore your blog, it's imagery, your descriptions, the passion and opinions you express. I even like the 50-cent words. But may I suggest that you use a copy editor, because sometimes you lose me in the sentence fragments and the excitement you feel for your message. Help us know more of what you know, because it all sounds so fascinating. (You asked for input.) XXoo

Nita Stacy said...

I often critic the style of pots people have accented their home with....Oh...if only they'd gone larger or squattier or a different color. When I point it out to others, they act like I'm crazy. I found the perfect planters for my neighbor's porch. Round squatty concrete ones to go on the two pedestals flanking the steps. I told them I'd found them where to get them and how great they would look. They stared at me blankly and said..."We already have these green pots." I said...but they are too small and the wrong shape and these pots I saw...would look original to your home. They just laughed at me. I got the same reaction when I told them I'd found the perfect dining table for their house on sale. Now granted...they never asked for my opinion. But they did need my help...they just didn't realize.