Monday, October 20, 2014

Sideways Learners Will Understand

If you are a sideways learner you will understand.
.
I have college degrees, international studies for decades, landscape seminars attended for more decades, a garden that followed the complete template disaster-passable-magazines-tv.  Client gardens with the same trajectory.
.
All of the above merely taught me amusements in/from a landscape/garden.

.
Not considering learning anything, in the least, about landscaping/gardening, I got some chickens.
.
Chickens were my front door to truly learning about gardening/landscaping.  Who knew?
.
What was the big take away?
.
Stewardship.
.
Literal & metaphor.
.
Decades of striving, and the hens taught by merely being themselves.
.
Humbling.
.
With great pride, I want you to see where I keep my egg basket, above.  At the back door.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara

5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Things that are alive, things that are made by hand, things that teach us to care.

LPC said...

I keep my garden tools in a plastic bucket by the front door. It's the first thing people encounter when they come to my house. I love the tools, the plastic bucket, not so much. If you needed a basket that could hold trowel, hand rake, Felco pruners, weed diggers, and garden gloves, where might you look?

La Contessa said...

OH< I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!
Those girls are so DIVINE.Was just speaking to the FRENCH BASKETEER about getting some chicks.......will forward on to HER!
Your Contessa in California!
XO

Tara Dillard said...

LPC, tough wicker basket with handle. Also, look for one made to hold utensils for patio table.

Have found several at thrift stores. Vintage for less than pennies on the dollard, good for me but sad how little value they hold in most hearts.

xot

Connie in Hartwood said...

This one photo showing the contents of your hutch says as much about you as volumes of written words. I love your collection in there, and how you keep it on hand.