Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Design Style: Arcadian Idyll

Hanging in her hallway, below.  


Her artwork is varied with a strong thread of serenity amongst every piece.
.
In her painting I see clearly the design style for a tiny lake with island on their property.
.
Arcadian Idyll.
.

Thomas Cole's, The Arcadian or Pastoral State, 1834, above.
.
A pastoral rustic poem of utopian life.  Harmony with Nature.
.
Does her beloved quite understand where she's heading?  No, but he's trusting her thru the process, to results.
.
My beloved puts pin to balloon, announcing more than once, 'you can't live in a perfect little garden world'.  Knowing the words have no value to my reality.  Centuries worth of other people too.
.
Amazing how visceral, attraction or repulsion, a rustic garden affects people.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Top pic taken at jobsite last week.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

2 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Both paintings are lovely, but the one with the boats really speaks to me. It is wonderful!

We may not 'live in a perfect garden world', but we can create little havens of paradise here on earth. Havens that inspire and encourage us. That fill our hearts with hope, peace and joy. Places to meditate and be rejuvenated.

FlowerLady

La Contessa said...

AMEN to the FLOWER LADY ABOVE!I have just done a post on MY GARDEN as it had me a month ago in all it's GREEN GLORY!Now, look at what's happening!
THOSE MEN.........they are UNIVERSAL.I just got a lecture last night on why the gas stove does not go to the temp I require!If I turned it on more then two hours before I need it to reach 350 don't ya think it should be at 350 degrees!!!IT's MT FAULT I did not check the temp gage inside then crank it up a bit more..........needless to say we had the ASPARAGUS FLAN for desert!It was worth the wait!!!!!!XOXOXOX