Friday, April 25, 2014

Design: Copy the Templates

Design isn't all magic, it's science too.
.
Choose 30 front yards or 30 living rooms.
.
Each will have a thread & template.
.
Copy the threads & templates.
.
I always ask clients for pictures of gardens they like, and must see their interiors.


At Yellow Belle, my satellite office/guest cottage the budget is zero to thrift store, or inherited.


Ironically, I've been forced to Yellow Belle with internet issues at my main office.


Living room template with a table behind the sofa + pair of lamps, has been oddly productive.  Laptop slid in without having to move anything.  Boom, working.


The dozens of pics I've saved for living rooms have a high number of screens amongst them.
.
Never considered wanting or buying a screen, but there they are in myriad pics.
.
Trusting the process, copying templates, this screen, above, was at my nearest thrift store.
.
When I design gardens the humor never fails when a client says, "Oh, I like that .........."  Of course they do, it's in their pics.  I knew to copy their template.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
Pics at Yellow Belle this week.  If you noticed the lamps, then I must tell you dozens were brought to my thrift store.  Ritz-Carlton Atlanta was remodeling and a contractor threw them on the street as garbage at his home.  His neighbor brought them in.  I bought 4.
.
For a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, become my client, local/on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me for your group, local/out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Books by Tara Dillard, Amazon
.
Tara Dillard & Associates Design: farm to city pied-a-terre.
.
Construction by Award Winning:
Shaefer Heard Construction, licensed home-builder, renovation - new construction.  Heard's Landscaping a unit of SHC.  3 decades of service.

5 comments:

La Contessa said...

THAT SCREEN was at the THRIFT SHOP??I spied it immediately......GOOD JOB!
You are a smart cookie..........COPY and BE WELL!!!
XOXOXO

Beautifulosophy said...

Gorgeous photos and I love all the different green shades! Caroline

Merlin said...

You were at the right place at the right time with those lamps...that is my color (at least as shown on my screen!) franki

Anonymous said...

OMIGOSH!!!

I adore the screen! I would have bought it in a heartbeat!!

And the lamps??? Are you kidding? Thank God the neighbor rescued the lamps!! They are beautiful!!

I am a huge believer in what "looks great" IS GREAT!

How wasteful and arrogant!

Bravo!! LOVE THEM!!!

Peneloep

Vickie H. said...

Adore the lamps AND the screen! Steal of the month if not the YEAR! You never do a post that I don't pour over time and again. Love every word and picture!