Monday, March 31, 2014

Heirloom Decorating

Boxes of dishes, glasses, flotsam/jetsam arrived with the Hoosier, table/chairs.  Everything passed from grandparents/parents to him and quite emotional.  


He asked me to decorate.  Keep it pure & functional, heirlooms only, I thought.  For this little corner, everything must speak of beloved family.  Fostoria & Haviland beckoning from the Hoosier, Use me (don't keep me pristine/barely used like your mom did!)   And the satisfaction of knowing these 'things' are in the continuum of his life, going to children.


Off topic, love the fan vase, seems to arrange flowers on its own.


Justine Cushing decorated with heirlooms above/below.  After 3 decades I divorced a great Lake House with heirloom decorating.  Attached to heirloom decorating since the first time seeing that Lake House.


Would be fun to see these things, above, in their previous incarnation, then into their future incarnation.
.
I didn't see the Hoosier 'decorated' before.  But I did get a wonderful hug as he said his mom had it completely different.
.
Appropriately, he had friends to dinner and his parents were toasted at their table with their dishes!
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Top 2 pics from jobsite.  Bottom 2 pics Justine Cushing on Cote de Texas.
.
Forsythia cut from the garden.  Cannot believe I was TOO GOOD to design with Forsythia when my horticulture degree was new.  Glad those days are long gone.
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

2 comments:

Brenda Pruitt said...

Very pretty, Tara! Hoping spring gets here soon.
Brenda

La Contessa said...

BEAUTIFUL………JOB well done…….
I have been away…….behind in my comments.Please forgive me!
XOXOXO