Saturday, March 29, 2014

Design: Sources of Inspiration

Cracked.  Cracked & stapled is my favorite.


A farm scene, and cracked, above.
.
Perfect.
.
Why do we buy dishes?  By the set.
.
Fun discovering the cracked dishes at a clients last weekend.  I must look more closely at the pattern, perhaps there is something to copy into the garden.
.
Ironically, her garden's color trinity is green-brown-white and these dishes are almost the exact faded brown version of her garden.
.
Garden & Be Well,     XO Tara
.
If you want a beautiful garden & home filling you with joy, and causes you to tap the brake pedal, as you look in the rear view mirror heading out, become my client, local or on-line.
.
Award winning speaker, hire me to speak to your group, local or out-of-state.
                                                                                 .
Garden books by Tara Dillard, Amazon

3 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

This dish pattern that we use on a daily basis is called "Merrie England". Gracie and I could spend hours just looking at the gardens therein!

xo

Happy Weekend!

Andie

Barbara Pilcher said...

I love that brown and off-white design. So mellow.

Only you would think to look to how an artist interpreted a garden from the past when you're creating a new one. So clever.

I've decided to eliminate comments from my blog. Just my way to frustrate spammers, and there are other social media ways to connect with readers now.

Anonymous said...

I was reading about Kintsugi, a Japanese tradition of repairing cracks in broken pottery with gold. I'm thinking about ordering a little gold or silver leaf and trying this with an old piece of transferware.