Friday, May 24, 2013

Water & Creativity

 Excellent reading venue, below.  Have recently been bathing with Wendell Berry, Nicky Haslam & a woman who's been living The Dirty Life.


Tub views are a concern.  Behind the draperies, below, the shower.  


More views soon.  Decisions finally made for the large blank wall, alas, men needed for execution.  
.
Found a huge vintage Eastlake mirror, huge, $30, it will reflect a garden view.  Timing, it had just arrived into my favorite junk shop.  
.
Through the decades, as I've stepped out of the shower, complete visions of the current Garden Design appear in my mind.  As if by Messenger, the Muse.
.
A better drug than the $30 score.
.
Do you do this too?  Create a garden & home to leverage your thoughts.  Ideas to spur action steps.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics , my bathroom

6 comments:

David C. said...

My muse and drug to start the day is similar, though it looks nothing like yours. But the same effect. Now to get the great but different results!

Lori Buff said...

Yes I do. One of the most important views for me is the view from my little pottery studio window.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the fab shout-out at Cote De Texas! Well-deserved, Tara.
Best, Ellen

Victoria said...

I second the congratulations @
Cote de Texas Tara and it is well
deserved.
Cannot wait to see the mirror.

Kristen in Atlanta said...

Living in Atlanta, I would love it if you would name the sources when you reference your favorite junk stores or best neighborhoods for estate sales.

I enjoy your posts very much. I heard you speak at a a garden club meeting years ago, and you were so informative.

K.W. in Atlanta

Kristen in Atlanta said...

Hi Tara. I read your posts, but I think this is my first time to comment.

I love seeing pics of your garden. So pretty.

Since I live in Atlanta, it would be so useful if you would include the names of the places you reference when you write about your favorite junk shop or best neighborhood for estate sales!

Thanks.