Saturday, May 25, 2013

Perhaps the Right Choice is....

What do you need to get rid of?  When Susanne Hudson came to choose colors for my interior she also moved furniture.  Then, literally, she picked up and threw out my sisal rug.  This was at least a decade overdue.

.
1-2 times each month I do the same thing with clients.
.
Mostly it's pots or their entire patio 'set'.  
.
Today, look around your garden, what are you not seeing anymore?  
.
If I came to your garden what would I throw out?
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Pic, lost provenance.

7 comments:

Jean Campbell said...

Tom Scheerer’s 18th-Century Cottage in East Hampton. Photo by Simon Upton.

I really should use my time in the garden rather than at the computer.

Connie in Hartwood said...

There's not enough time for me to thoroughly answer your question, Tara, dear. I already moved the grill from my view off the deck, but there's the camper shell on the driveway (that I conveniently crop from the frame whenever I photograph the vista from my window), or the pile of pallets and windows behind the greenhouse that I see from my kitchen window ... it's a process.

Anonymous said...

That question is going to haunt me this week.

Bruce Barone said...

I don't know.

But please don't throw me out!

David C. said...

What would I throw out...let me count my things. Especially for my clients.

Maybe this brutal reality needs to be applied eloquently with every prospective residential client that comes my way, on the first conversation, before I even see the place? (and certainly the first meeting) It would help weed out those who are unlikely benefit from my work, and whom I won't benefit from by creating a great space and portfolio content!

Maria Killam said...

Haha that is funny! x Maria

home before dark said...

If you don't use it, it's time to lose it. Going through an almost entire house redo, explodes the brain. First response was to buy more shelving to store stuff and then I got to thinking why am I storing this stuff?