Monday, November 5, 2012

Theory vs. Reality

Today I'm off to a jobsite, outdoor kitchen & foyer, mostly complete, to place lighting.  Of course locations for the sconces & chandeliers are already chosen.  Do you think that matters?  No.  Real world placement trumps theory.

I need a sofa at the foot of my bed.  Dozens of pics later this is the only one I've liked.  In theory it's perfect.
.
Susanne Hudson, the decorator on my team, is sourcing it now.  She'll get one with the right dimensions & fabric.  Perhaps she'll have a list of bullet points, or a single reason, why this sofa isn't right.  I'll trust her judgment, it's her specialty.
.
It's something my clients have taught me!  Patience, and trust.
.
Too much money is involved to make a mistake.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

3 comments:

Low Tide High Style said...

Good luck with the lighting installation, and I love that sofa...hope it's the one!

Kat

Cyndia said...

Looks like a perfect sofa! As a matter of fact, last year my daughter purchased one very much like it. I think the manufacturer is Paladin in NC. She chose the small sofa to better fit her tiny apartment.

Barbara Pilcher said...

I can never turn down a paisley. If your decorator votes no on the set, I'm guessing it will be about undertones -- yellow undertone on the sofa and pink undertones on the pillows and footrest. It's something color consultant Maria Killam writes about often. Here is a link to the part of the site that discusses undertones.

http://www.mariakillam.com/category/understanding-undertones

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my site. Spot on!