Monday, November 5, 2012

Theory vs. Reality

Today I'm off to a jobsite, outdoor kitchen & foyer, mostly complete, to place lighting.  Of course locations for the sconces & chandeliers are already chosen.  Do you think that matters?  No.  Real world placement trumps theory.

I need a sofa at the foot of my bed.  Dozens of pics later this is the only one I've liked.  In theory it's perfect.
Susanne Hudson, the decorator on my team, is sourcing it now.  She'll get one with the right dimensions & fabric.  Perhaps she'll have a list of bullet points, or a single reason, why this sofa isn't right.  I'll trust her judgment, it's her specialty.
It's something my clients have taught me!  Patience, and trust.
Too much money is involved to make a mistake.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara


Low Tide High Style said...

Good luck with the lighting installation, and I love that sofa...hope it's the one!


Cyndia said...

Looks like a perfect sofa! As a matter of fact, last year my daughter purchased one very much like it. I think the manufacturer is Paladin in NC. She chose the small sofa to better fit her tiny apartment.

Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging said...

I can never turn down a paisley. If your decorator votes no on the set, I'm guessing it will be about undertones -- yellow undertone on the sofa and pink undertones on the pillows and footrest. It's something color consultant Maria Killam writes about often. Here is a link to the part of the site that discusses undertones.

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my site. Spot on!