Monday, October 29, 2012

Hallmark of Bad Contractors

Studying historic landscapes across Europe should be mandatory for landscape contractors.

Several years now with my dream team I remember too well the dark years of contractors.  "You can't do that."  "No, can't be done."  "That will never work."  "It has to be done this way."  "It won't last."
.
Better, my dream team leverages my designs.  "Miss Tara, if we........"  "Miss Tara, there are 3 ways to approach that."  "Great, thank you Miss Tara."  "Miss Tara do you think Miss #$%^@# would like to have...."  "Did you get the pictures I sent about a new idea?"  "Miss Tara that can't be done but if we a-b-c it will be exactly what you want."  "Let me show you something I think you'll like for the Woodland House Miss Tara."  "Those aren't available, I think a-b-c would be good substitutes."  "You know Miss Tara what you want is too expensive but if we do it this way I think you'll get what you're hunting."  "Tara, I think a-b-c will be better."
.
Adore my team.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Dry stack stone retaining wall, above right, is a great example of what the Mr. No contractors said could not be done.
.
Pic via Old Long Island.

6 comments:

Divine Theatre said...

I laughed out loud!

"It cannot be done".

Translation: "I have never done that."

"It cannot be done".

Get out of the way and I'll do it myself!

xo

Andie

Desert Dweller said...

Well-put contrast of the can-do vs. the wet-blanket types. And not just contractors! I'm saving this one.

Henhurst Interiors said...

Nothing like a good team!

Pink Overalls @DIY Home Staging said...

Good for you for collecting a dream team that supports your vision.

Studying historic landscapes across Asia should be mandatory as well.

Maryanne White said...

shades of the old " you build it and then I will design it" saga

LeaMikhaela said...

landscaping pittsburgh use computerized landscape design for precise planning, and we offer extensive commercial and residential lawn service come maintenance packages. they include custom landscape design and maintenance, outdoor living areas,patio pavers and retaining walls and more.