Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Brooke Astor Library

French doors into the garden and you must slip between the chair & table to get there.

Sweet, sitting at the desk with a French door open on an early summer day, birds chirping.  I see the lamp on as I come in from the garden at the gloaming.  Of course turn the yellow chair slightly for a better view of the garden while still seeing across the library.  Book in hand, cat in lap.
.
This room had me at hello.
.
Garden & Be Well,      XO Tara
.
Pic via Habitually Chic.  It's Brooke Astor's library at Holly Hill.  Saw it somewhere else & it 'stuck' then in the memory bank.  A fabulous garden is IMPLIED with this room.  Miss the days of seeing her mentioned in the lifestyle section of NYT.

2 comments:

kay Moser said...

I could definitely be most content to write my novels here! Love the colors!

Kay Moser

www.kaymoser.com

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! Magnificent Catalogue! Pleasant taking pictures along with adore the color!