Monday, January 9, 2012

Fog & Rain Dreary?

A local garden center posted on their Facebook page today about the weather (fog, wet, gray) being dreary and we should come in to buy a houseplant.  Really?  Puppet Barbuda knows good Landscape Design has no dreary days.  Returned moments ago from her garden Puppet Barbuda saw:
 Laura, above, following from inside.  Not so cute when she hangs from the chandeliers.  (Notice the terra cotta sun?  It's a wall sundial hiding a faucet.)
 With Ivy 'Gold Heart', at the front door.  Puppet Barbuda is in earnest about no dreary days.  Fell in love with this Ivy while studying Landscape Design in England.

 Sasanqua's, above, still in heavy bloom.  Native honey bees gather pollen all year in my landscape.
 Hellebores, above, opening.
 Apples & peaking gold dwarf conifer.
Crazily, with a warm January, fall leaves still falling.
.
Dreary?
.
Plenty of color.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Was in my robe/slippers getting these pics a few minutes ago.  Laura followed me, from inside, around the entire house while photographing.  Wish I had time for more pics....

5 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

I don't know which is worse for landscapes...bad attitude towards the beauty clearly evident, or bad design that leaves out such beauty?

Great points you make, P. Barbuda.

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Tara I hope you show more photo's of your gardens...I know they'll be beautiful. Love the picture of your baby looking out the window. Goodness I've almost forgotten what it looks like to have gray rainy days with this dang drought we're still having...I look forward to days like that! I love that Gold Heart ivy...I wonder if something like that could survive our hot dry Kansas weather? Enjoy your gardens and your conservatory!
Maura :)

Janelle McCulloch said...

Love these photos Tara! I love it when hellebores open. So many people think that there are no flowers in winter when in fact there are so many gorgeous ones...
I'm hoping to get to Chelsea this year. Are you going? Perhaps we could meet at Daylesford Organics for some afternoon tea and a browse through the gardening tools?! I usually stay at Number Sixteen in South Kensington. It's part of the chic Firmdale Hotels group and has THE most divine garden - rare for a small boutique hotel in London. You'd love it!
Janelle McCulloch | LIbrary of Design

Anonymous said...

I derive so much joy from this blog! I may be a year or two behind......I just have to comment!
Bravo! Correct!
I am going to send you some surprise pics you will LOVE!
That is what it is all about!
Can't wait for the cottage....pics.....you will know how to make it total heaven.
XXO

Penny

Lydia said...

Such a little island England is on the map to weild such influence. Most of all- on great gardens.