Friday, October 21, 2011

Sir Roy Strong & The Laskett

Sir Roy Strong's garden & home have been bequeathed to the nation.
 Sir Roy Strong lectured at the Atlanta History Center almost 2 decades ago.  His wife, the famous set designer Julia Trevelyan Oman came along too.
 Since that lecture I've been electrified by Sir Roy & his garden, The Laskett.
An incredible gift.  I cannot imagine his thoughts leading to his decision.
.
Will be interesting to see how he has the legal papers written.
.
Garden & Be Well,    XO Tara
.
Laskett, below, my beloved.  A little proof of my adoration of Sir Roy Strong's garden.
Pics from article in the Daily Mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How wonderful! Now we can be sure it will be taken care of and open to the public.
Your Laskett looks just like my Dahlia.
xsxsxs

kalk markson said...

Such a beautiful house, specially I like the garden.
conservatory sale