Thursday, October 20, 2011

1913 Exterior Sconce

Passing an old building in Augusta, GA my father said he proposed to my mother there.  I didn't care about the romance, I was in junior high.  It was the old building and its accouterments fascinating me.  
Decades pass & I found a light fixture, above, exactly like the Augusta building had.  With attitude I payed almost $20 for it, thinking it should have been much less.  Enjoyed it in my garden ever since.
.
Yesterday I was looking for sconces online and found MY light fixture.  They have several for sale, notated a date of 1913, and are a cool $1,600.00.
.
Girl has a new attitude!
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
Pic and sales information, here.

1 comment:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOL You 'scored' and you didn't even know it!!!