Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Penelope Bianchi: Keeping It Simple

Technically this, below, is not simple.  There is a lot of 'stuff'.  But it looks simple.

Why does it look fabulous?  What is the template?
.
Themed, above, with stone & color, contrasting forms, quality, zone of frisson between formal/informal.
.
Garden & Be Well,           XO Tara
.
Penelope Bianchi created this charming vignette.  Potent, I want to see her garden, I want to see inside her house, I want to know her.  All these things, I know, because of her little vignette in a zone of frisson.  Pic via Velvet & Linen.

4 comments:

home before dark said...

I admire PB's zest for life. The only punctuation for this talented lady is !

Anonymous said...

I am in tears. I am. (Choked up.....not sobbing!)

I respect you and your "rare" opinions and true understanding of the greatest gardens more than I can tell you! And you are teaching the best things via your blog!!

You explain things.....I have a hard time with that. I love your "Mary" and your "poverty circle"...I instinctively was attracted to the villages and towns which could not afford to "improve". Ha! They could not be improved!!!

You and your books and blog are an immense gift to all who read you! I am so honored to be mentioned in such a lovely manner. Truly.

And you and "home before dark" are in my will!!!

XXOO

Velvet and Linen said...

You absolutely must meet Penny and visit her magnificent home! You two are garden soul mates!

xo
Brooke

Anonymous said...

By the way, I meant I have a hard time doing that, (explaining), not that I do not LOVE how you do it!