Monday, August 15, 2011

Conversations With May Sarton


Plant Dreaming Deep, by May Sarton.  
"We have to make myths of our lives....to understand the metaphor that reality always holds in it.  .....What I felt when all the good news came...was relief.  But what I had felt when I got back to poetry...was joy."
.
Joy vs. relief.  A good pair of words to remember.  Without awareness gardening has always been my joy, never a relief.
.
"A garden is a perpetual experiment."  Oh, it's tough reading May Sarton at bedtime.   No, my garden is a perpetual atonement.
.
Yes, I've been laying in bed the past few nights in conversation with May Sarton.
.
Garden & Be Well,       XO Tara
.
Antebellum home near Bishop, GA.

2 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Hi Tara,
My garden has been a total flop.
My Peonys got the blight. Then the roses were eaten half to death, then the Cherry tree was raped and pillaged by attacking Japenese beatles. Now my huge tomato plant is turning brown and the tomatoes are falling off rotten at the top top.The birds won't even eat them!
I am traveling next summer, forget it.
discouraged yvonne

Desert Dweller said...

Joy vs. relief - I get it! I can almost smell and taste the fresh biscuits by looking at that house.