Friday, August 19, 2011

Atlanta Botanical Garden


Mershon Hall, below, site of class I'm teaching at Atlanta Botanical Garden.

Magic-be-in-this-garden.
.
You must understand it's a full sun landscape, hi humidity, hi temps, unbearable to body/mind.
.
 Yet the eyes take in: pretty, perky, cool, happy, comfortable, rushing water, a Chihuly & etc.
.
Somehow, the designer, made old-fashioned annuals look new & exciting.  Then I have to smile at the landscape design rules followed.  Spikey flowers next to round, a color theme, contrasting foliage colors/sizes,  multiple axis, focal point, enfilades, hi density & low density.
.
I MUST find out who designed the plantings !!
.
Garden & Be Well,   XO Tara
.
took the pic last Tuesday nite at ABG
.
UPDATE: garden planning by members of the horticulture department  ABG.....wasn't given their names but they are a dream team!

5 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

As soon as I saw that center piece I thought, Chihuly. I love his work.

That is one lovely garden.

FlowerLady

Ewa said...

Wow! Tara! what a beautiful site is this. Must be really an event to teach and take classes in suc environment! Like in heaven!

La Petite Gallery said...

Tara, Wow! a teacher.
I wish I could take your class. Love the blown glass sculpture.
Very pretty surroundings.
Jusg got great news I am Cancer free for 7 years now.. Have a great weekend.
yvonne

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Tara!
What a beautiful garden...love the fountain. Wish we lived closer I'd love to attend your class! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Maura :)

NancyO. said...

Hello, Tara,
I'm a regular reader of your blog, and especially enjoyed this post...love the beautiful blue glass in the fountain. Imagine my surprise when I tuned in to Garden Smart today on my local PBS station to see the Atlanta Botanical Garden! It is Show#13/2313 and some of the staff are interviewed. I thought you might like to go online to view.
Thanks for an always interesting read.