Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Subtle Invitation

Between the pecan trees, below, a table. An invitation. How to leverage the invitation? Will add 'shot' pea gravel.
.
Table/chairs can be used after a rain, table can be leveled more easily, lovely crunch underfoot, edging of old brick leading to meadow & letting gravel 'lap' onto roots of pecans. Oddly, once the gravel arrives it will say, "You WANT to come here.", vs. the existing, "Oh, that's nice."
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pic taken earlier this month.

4 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

The inviting look a gravel path brings to such a space, the crunch it makes walking on it to the destination...yes!

Visited a townhome project I designed in '05 / built in '07. Someone put in flagstone stepping stones in the gravel path, ruining the whole space and effect between plantings. Dispiriting.

I'm going to expose such horrors with a BIG future post. Sorry to vent!

Veronica said...

I absolutely love large trees. Must be beacause my patch is so small, so I would camp out there any time gravel or no!

Veronica
www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com

Lydia said...

I love the crunch, crunch of gravel, my husband does not. However, we both love BIG trees.

Anonymous said...

That will be so inviting! Great work.
xsxs