Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How To Hide An Eyesore Powerbox

Altar table, below, used as a potting table. Lamps (oooh-la-la) have electricity. Altar table, below, was past its church days before it's new life in the garden.
A power box, below, at a client's chicken house & pecan orchard.
Within the louvres, above, is the green power box.
.
Top 2 pics were sent to my carpenter as description for what I wanted. He adapted the idea beyond expectation.
.
Carpenter & I never communicate well in the 1st round. Ever. Then we laugh, always. Afterward he leverages my ideas 'better'. I adore working with this man.
.
We'll accessorize the altar table with a cloth of burlap placed 'church style' (diminishing the louvres) , iron book holder, pair of heavy iron lamps, a couple of baskets for egg & pecan gathering.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Top pics are from the garden Susanne Hudson & I created for last year's Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival. We're using the table again this year but not as a potting table. Can you guess how? Penny McHenry Hydrangea Festival, Douglasville, GA, June 4-5, 2011.

7 comments:

Bruce Barone said...

You know how much I love this to see the altar now in the church of nature.

Cher' Shots said...

Love the top pic! Great hide!
'hugs from afar'

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have a gigantic-seeming new air conditioning condenser out by my front gate right next to the sidewalk I'd love to camouflage somehow.
Brenda

Brenda Watts said...

Stunning...both of them. LOVE LOVE !!

24 Corners said...

Love the table AND the lamps...love the whole look actually!! So very clever!
Does the next use for table have to do with chickens?
xo J~

home before dark said...

Great ideas and always enjoy "creative partnerships." I say the old table will become the much needed desk!

Christine B. said...

I hope your next installment is about an equally chic way to hide well/septic pipes jutting up from the ground. My new place has quite a large family of them, and some are as tall as I am...ugh. Maybe your carpenter will visit Alaska this summer;)

Christine in Alaska, lots of pipes