Monday, February 14, 2011

No Date In The Garden

My garden pics tell me the season. They date themselves.
At this angle, below, it doesn't matter the flowers are in plastic pots. They aren't visible.
At terrace level, below, there was a pond. I moved it.
Dwarf mondo will be planted between the stones, matching the rest of the terrace.
Duck Foot ivy will be planted on the riser to the greenhouse, hiding the timber & adding lushness. (Lushosity?)
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Soon, French doors will be painted BM-HC- 77. Didn't realize I was building a space for the pot cluster with the Conservatory. Adore happy surprises.

10 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Those stone steps are perfect! I didn't even notice the plants or the pots...

Divine Theatre said...

I could smell the earth today when I took my Napoleon for a walk!
Happy Valentines Day!

Kathy said...

Ooooh... "lushosity"....word of the day! k

the gardener's cottage said...

lushosity! i love it.
have a happy valentine day.

xo
janet

Christine B. said...

I will never underestimate a good pot cluster space again. My last garden didn't have a safe one: the moose found my pots every time and ate everything they could. My new place has a great front porch area for pots and chairs (wow, both! It's an Alaskan miracle) that has a moose proof set of stairs. At least, I hope they are....

Christine in Alaska, pots all stacked in storage

Anonymous said...

Lushosity ... use care in selecting middle names> and now I must find a way to incorporate the luminous openness of four architectonic glass walls into/as a common room between two wings of a 'simple' guest house in the restful softness of Kentucky quiet ...

JeanMarie said...

Is the only source of heat in the conservatory the fireplace? I am concerned that would be insufficient here (Kentucky). As you can see I am planning my conservatory, in my imagination.

Terry said...

T, you must see this vanishing threshold

http://slowhomestudio.com/slow-home-studio/london-addition-in-detail/

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Beautiful! Love the stones Tara and I can't believe you've already got flowers in pots outside...how lucky is that! We have another month of 'iffy' weather so even though we're enjoying beautiful warm and sunny temperatures at the moment...it could change and be snowing soon. Your conservatory looks so inviting.
Have a great day.
Maura :)

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

Exactly the flowers filling my sunroom with wonderful fragrances right now.