Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Last Night in the Conservatory

Power, below, arrived yesterday in my conservatory. Lights inside my home, above, seen thru the French doors
Honoring, above, talented hands/minds/hearts building the conservatory. My guys (3 lead men with several more on the team) leverage every idea I have. Humbling & exciting.
Last nite, above, 1st nite with a fire in the stove. Yes, I was given a little lesson in how to use it.
Conservatory is a bit 'CABINESQUE' inside. Tongue/groove walls rescued from a Lake Burton 1908 cottage. Unfinished, above, soon tongue/groove will go to the rafters & to the gravel.
Last night, after taking these pics, I brought a basket to the conservatory with wine, cheese, apples, summer sausage. Fire in the stove kept me toasty. Spent a happy hour calling girlfriends. Susanne Hudson, of course, was 1st she inspired the conservatory.
.
Already, joy & laughter in the conservatory. And it's not finished. Exciting to anticipate: lamps, tables, chests & etc.... field gathered & awaiting their new life in the conservatory.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Had thought I would paint the interior of the conservatory. NOT. The sweetly aged tongue/groove is too fabulous. Will paint the windows. Yes, the chairs above look rather dreadful but were closest to the conservatory & I did need to sit. Cannot wait to hang the huge chinoiserie mirror I snagged at my local thrift store for $10. In theory, it will have a table under it made from the ancient iron radiator I rescued.

11 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Congratulations ~ I love it and know you will lovingly finish it off and enjoy it for many years to come.

Have a lovely Christmas ~ FlowerLady

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

I am pea-green with envy! It looks fantastic... can't wait to see more.
Lisa

Cristin said...

It's looking wonderful! I love the look of my dad pondering the work!

home before dark said...

This is going to be a stunner. It already is. I hope the spirits of the men and women who have lovingly (and it shows) brought this beauty into being stays and dwells in this beautiful reclamation project with sunlit grace.

Desert Dweller said...

Glad to see your "men" in the neighboring women don't recognize them to hire them away...

Designers are only as good builders and owner, combined. It appears like you have all 3. Grt job!

If I make it to Atlanta someday, call up some guy friends, too, and we can all enjoy some great food, wine, coffee, whatever out there.

Bruce Barone said...

How wonderful!!!

Cher' Shots said...

I'm picturing it the coziest spot on your property. :) Can't wait to curl up with a hot cup of tea for a virtual visit.

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

You deserve the rest and beauty and joy this new addition with bring. A lovely way to celebrate the season.

Lisa Porter said...

Oh what fun! I can just hear all the laughter and late night talks into the wee hours that are coming your way. Sounds like a doll house to me!
What a gift.
Wishing you a very merry Christmas.
Lisa

sallie said...

I was certain that I was so happy to have found your blog, but now I am not so sure. Green is not a good color for me. Congratulations to you on the beautiful plan and to the crew on their execution.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!!! Was this your well deserved Christmas present to yourself?