Monday, December 20, 2010

Curtained Debut

Yesterday, below, my conservatory under construction. Rescued materials (aka free) a century old: doors, most windows, cedar planks, tongue-groove.French doors, above, are the front of my conservatory & face the back of my home.
My carpenter (now my hero, for this feature alone) set the back windows, above, to open. Notice the outlet above? Chandelier + gravel floor + 3 outlets + 4 walls of windows; what more could a girl (no worries, girl knows when to sling queenly commands) want in less than 200 sq ft?
My patio, above, in normal life.
My patio, above, today. I can't abide it.
Curtains, above, from my bedroom onto the patio have been closed for weeks. My constitution does not include the strength to see this.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Today, maybe, guys will be done !!!! Cannot wait for the curtained debut of my conservatory. No, my guys aren't slow they keep working on my client's jobs. Yes, a GOOD problem.

9 comments:

Connie in Hartwood said...

I absolutely cannot wait for the full reveal of the finished product! What I see so far is TOO fabulous. The doors, the windows, THE CHANDELIER!!!! Tara, dear, please tell us that we won't have to wait much longer.

Kelley said...

This is going to be really great! Love all of the natural detials and reuse of old lumber and windows!

Kelley

Cher' Shots said...

Oh my, I'm so GREEN with envy! Oh how I would love to do this ... if only I knew I were to stay settled in this area. We're thinking of moving closer to family - but this idea is etched in my mind. Maybe the next place we live.

Desert Dweller said...

That will be so nice when the work is completed! Then, you can organize it all into shape, and all will be well!

Bruce Barone said...

OH!

I so want to visit!

Janine said...

i love that those windows open! and how funny that the space is really only framed out and yet you already have a crystal chandelier. priorities!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Talk about envy, Oh1 only kidding I love it and am so happy for you.
It definity has your personality .
Have a wonderful Merry Christmas.
yvonne

Unknown said...

Wha a magical place you have created- those doors and windows are AMAZING! And I must admit to being guilty of Chandelier envy.....
Happy Holidays to you!
Stephanie

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Oh TARA....what a beautiful conservatory!! Your dream is now a reality or at least close to it....I can't wait to see what you do to it...inside AND out. Congratulations!!
Maura :)