Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wine Bottle Edging

She let go. And isn't it fun when a woman let's go?She lined a garden path DRAMATICALLY with wine bottles. (Poppets, she did it herself, no hired labor. Unwittingly, she copied curves from a table in her foyer, above.)
Adoring genius, I copied her lead. Concept plan, above, new curving paths will be Wine Bottle Edged & capped with her signature curve.
Her home is historic, the garden revitalized. Curving flourishes with the Wine Bottle Edging are subtle up close, DRAMATIC when viewed from the house.

Bare soil, above, will be filled-in with evergreen groundcover.
.
Gravel terrace at the tennis court, above, becomes a landing for her party tent (she's a fundraiser for the Humane Society). Under the tented area the gravel will be checker boarded with 18" concrete squares. Did I mention she loves to sail? Lakes of mondo in the gravel will be home to old wood boats, sails flying from their masts. The little Williamsburg building at the tennis court will be enlarged, creating a 'boathouse', complete with dock. In addition to storage it will be the Bar during parties.
.
Stay tuned, there's more.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken last week, same home/garden as previous post.

5 comments:

La Maison Fou said...

Yes,
I can think of a long pathway I could make. I love to collect the corks and I do recycle the bottles.
L.

Joanne Yordanou said...

Wow - that's a lot of work and a lot of bottles! Can't wait to see the finished look!

cotedetexas said...

amazing! i have never seen this before. we once used rocks and fossils foudn in our backyard in Ft. Worth. they looked like teeth when you were driving up. hehe.

Unknown said...

What COOL idea! Maybe I should take down my bottle tree- since it seems like everyone has one now.....and start my own path? Thanks for sharing this AND your concepts, I love the way the garden will be a reflection of her- beautiful!

Colleen Miller said...

Love it! I recently went to a garden tour and saw this done. I totally want to try it!