Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Woman Acquires Working Girl

Meet Tess my new working girl. Already exceeding expectation, in less than 2 weeks, below, carting home a FIND aka $25 huge ancient oil masterpiece. (SHIPMAN suggests balled up white bread, sans crust, pressed onto oil painting to remove discolored varnish. You got any ideas?)Tess, parked with the big boys at a job site, below, she's not expected to do hardscaping aka lumber, concrete, brick, asphalt, 12' trees.
Tess's job? Find materials for conservatories, patios, decks & landscapes while
carting my office about town. Like Monet, I work en plein air; a folding table & chair. Windy day hat is in top pic, sunny day hat, above. Old brass lamp, above, recently sourced by Tess, will go into my conservatory or maybe a client's sunroom.
.
Antique wicker hampers hold office supplies along with staking flags, measuring tapes, tools & etc.... Tess is no slouch, she's already brought home rescued windows (from century old craftsman bungalow) to be used in my new conservatory. Ha, I'm working Tess hard & loving every moment.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Poppets, you must understand, somehow Providence had me driving a car for a decade. Most likely to give other junking women fairer odds against my dumpster diving skills. They are prodigious. Alas, not always a good thing. A voice in my head, "Bi-annual garden sale." We'll see.

5 comments:

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

LOL "dumpster diving skills"...love it! Good morning Tara...I hope your day is a good one. Love the lamp and the painting and BOTH your hats. Love the winding driveway and this house looks VERY interesting. Enjoy your day!
Maura :)

home before dark said...

I'd ask Janet Blyberg at JCB blog. Or Theresa at Art is the Answer.

Tess rocks!

Cher' Shots said...

Oh how I'd love to be Tess! Treasure hunting and shopping on your dime. I have come across oodles of deals in my days. Have a wonderful week.

Anonymous said...

Tara congratulations on the new vehicle! Now you can drive to Hogansville.
Interesting finds.

La Maison Fou said...

Agree on the bread crumbs first and use or rely on chemicals lastly........
Good luck,
L.