Friday, October 15, 2010

Turning Windows Into Doors

Doors, below, were originally windows.Standing at the French doors, above, I shot across the covered patio, below.


The coffee table, below, still filled with the debris of our gardening conversations which meandered to the dinner table & thru a dinner of fresh crabcakes & ....
Window, below, had been the back door.
New back door (seen in the top pic) flows onto patio to the left of the downstairs window, above.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Yes, that's our fabulous breakfast, top pic, after the fabulous dinner. Pics from the same garden as yesterday's post. Please know, Poppets, none of these pics are STYLED. I don't believe in styled pics. I believe in life beautifully lived and design accordingly. SIMPLY. CLASSICALLY.
.
If you've got to WORK AT IT to get these types of pics. You're doing something wrong.

5 comments:

Barbara Wells Sarudy said...

I love this series of postings. Thank you.

Erin said...

This is so gorgeous and very inspiring. Made me think I want to change my fireplace mantle in my house, so thank you:)

Nita Stacy said...

I love it when windows are turned into doors. A big reason I bought my historic 1931 home was that someone had replaced a back window with patio doors. I stepped into the front room for the first time and saw I could see clear through the house and out to the backyard and I was sold. It was a must to me that I could see outside and be able to step right out to my backyard through french doors. Well, they aren't french doors yet...still sliders but someday they will be.

Now I'd love to change one of the front windows to french doors for easy access to my front porch/patio. But the historic board will not let me. poo...

Love your blog. Love all the beautiful ideas. Very inspiring.

Devon said...

I am LOVING this house...and the food. :)

Home Windows said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
Replace Glass Sliding Door
Windows And Doors Las Vegas
Sliding Patio Door Glass Replacement