Saturday, October 16, 2010

Fake Geometry

Revelation came slowly, below.The balance is real, below.
Symmetry, below, only an illusion. Do you see?
Slow down, look closely, below.
Fake Geometry; looking real. The columns are not symmetrical.
.
Poppets, when the revelation about the columns arrived I knew I was in the presence of genius. Have known about Fake Geometry in Landscape Design but this was my first encounter when it was the columns.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
More pics from my client's home in Macon, GA last weekend. Notice the enfilade from parking court/patio/room/frontyard in the 3rd pic? Taking pics in my gown/robe by early morning lite the scrumptious dogs did not rouse from their beds. Their daddy was making coffee, I was only a guest & you know who they were awaiting, mommy. When she arrived those dogs exploded in joy !!!!

4 comments:

Desert Dweller said...

Wow...I must admit that is a tough one for me to figure out. Is it the front columns, the rear columns, or all the columns together?

Arrgh!

NENSA MOON said...

hello,
I just found this site...
I'm interested in landscape design and interior...
now beginning to be a new follower here.
thanks

regards,
nensa

Unknown said...

Wow, how does that work? Is it because the door isn't centered?
And thank you for more scrummy eye candy- I love "wandering" other people's gardens!

Casa Très Chic said...

What a wonderful garden!
I must visit this site regularly.
Tereza