Friday, September 17, 2010

Talk About It

Garden Design Rule: Talk about what you want to do in your garden with friends. You'll be surprised how much FREE stuff you'll get.
.
Plants, stone, furniture, wood, windows, iron, leftover paint, light fixtures, & etc..... What?
.
Shipman said, "Take the windows I have", after I described the conservatory I want to build.
.
Harbor an attitude of FREE. It works.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Shipman & I heard Fergus Garrett of Great Dixter at Atlanta Botanical Garden recently. Afterward we shared a bottle of champagne & selection of appetizers & deserts at www.EmpireStateSouth.com. Newly opened in downtown Atlanta, it's a Hugh Acheson restaurant. His other, 5&10, in Athens, GA is the top rated in the state.
.
Fergus, ABG, Champagne, Shipman, & FREE WINDOWS........a Cinderella evening for this garden girl.
.
Don't know Fergus Garrett or Great Dixter...........Christo????? Ok poppets, I'll fill you in tomorrow!
.
Shipman rescued the circa 1940 windows, above, months ago from a huge dumpster as a nearby home was renovated. If I don't use all of them they will go to Susanne Hudson's barn......

5 comments:

Lori Buff said...

Those windows are fantastic looking. Please show pictures of the conservatory when it's completed.

My Life of Domestic Bliss said...

Tara,
How exciting! Nothing makes my heart beat faster than old windows and shutters. Pea green with envy! I have finished the construction part of my D/H inspired project and am sending pictures soon. Just remember that imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery! I hope ya'll will feel that way. Have a great weekend.
Lisa

Brenda Pruitt said...

I have to learn this! The art of getting things free.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

When we purchased our 1880's Second Empire house a few years ago, the beautiful old windows had just been replaced, booooo! But I noticed all the old ones in the garage. Making sure that they knew that I wanted them, we purchased the house. Some of them are amazing, over 6 feet tall with arched tops, those were the ones used in the three bay windows. One day, we will have a conservatory as well.

Melanie {The Tiny Tudor} said...

All the old windows from my house are in my basement- You must post pics when you are done with your conservatory! I would love the project inspiration!