Tuesday, September 14, 2010

House Tour With the Landscape

Only 2 years ago this antebellum home was enlarged slightly. Indian artifacts & antiques predating the Civil War, many inherited, fill the entire home.
Every bit of this room, below, new construction.

Only a few feet beyond the window views, above, is a neighbor's home.

Sconces, below, were rescued from an old home. New ones were made to order.

I adore copying table tops, below, for shrub & understory tree placement in gardens.

A portion of the home was removed and placed freestanding, below, as a dependency.

Yes, top pic, she served mimosas & I didn't say 'no'.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken last month in Athens, GA. Same home/garden as the previous post.

7 comments:

Linda in AZ * said...

* Such a super lovely posting this a.m.~~~ I like this look alot!!!
Thanks,
Linda in AZ *
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

Linda in AZ * said...

* That was a LOVELY posting, Val!!! Thank you!!!

Warmest blessings,
Linda in AZ*
bellesmom1234@comcast.net

designchic said...

These images are beautiful, and those sconces-fabulous...

Rob (ourfrenchgarden) said...

That house has a nice feel to it. I can tell even though I sit here in France. I think it's all the painted wood, harks back to grander times in plantation houses yet still cozy!

Maura @ Kisiwa Creek Photography said...

Hello Tara,
Hmm ...I like what you said about the tabletop. That's something that makes sense when you're placing smaller trees or shrubs or flowers under a larger tree. It's a bit like layering. Thanks Tara!
Maura :)

Brenda Pruitt said...

Heavens, I hope you didn't say no! I'm so envious of all that gorgeous natural light.
Brenda

Unknown said...

Beautiful- I love that chandelier- were those light bulbs or candles?