Thursday, April 15, 2010

OWN YOUR SKY

Chinese snowball, Kwansan cherry, cypress + dwarf abelia hedge, below. Ha, now the dwarf abelia hedge is apparent, below. You see my gate.
Glimpses, below, of the Bay Terrace. Shot pea gravel, adirondack chairs, terra cotta pots.

The street view, above, of my tiny sweet garden. Excepting the sky. As designed; I own the sky. Nothing tiny or sweet about that.
.
Garden & Be Well, XO Tara
.
Pics taken 3 days ago. Wish I could say all of the above is original. Nope. Historical landscape design: ceiling (trees), walls (shrubs), floors (gravel), hedge, gate, axis, pots, furniture, bloom sequencing, scale, flow, color, focal point, textures.

6 comments:

Vera @ Cozy Little Cabin said...

OH - I love it! On Monday I turned down a Chinese Snowball because I didn't know what to do with it. . . .

I just gotta' keep remembering to treat all of the outdoors like a *room*. . .

Keep posting, I keep reading. And I need to pull out your books again!!!!!

Your gardens are beautiful . . . .

the gardener's cottage said...

Hi Tara,

A couple of comments on my post re vanishing threshold indicate people on high, raised foundations have trouble with achieving it. Owning the sky can help. Any other suggestions?

~janet

marie said...

Hello there Tara!

Spectacular is the word for your garden! Wow, I am fairly new to blogging, but I am sure to read your posts and weeding out others (no pun intended) that I'm not so drawn to. You inspire me!

Marie

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Just a stunning firework of beauty.

So where do umbrellas come in with vanishing thresholds??? Check out my post.

Unknown said...

And thank you for sharing your sky so generously!

Rosaria Williams said...

Ah, I learned the name of this beautiful round flower ball and know exactly where to place them in my garden. Thank you. I spend many hours perusing your blog, learning from each and every one of your fabulous pictures, arrangements and principles.

My garden is beginning to come together.